Since it’s just a few days past my one-year Merch By Amazon anniversary, I thought it’s a great time to give an update.
General Notes & Sales Spreadsheet
Just a few general notes –
- I don’t spend very much time on Merch by Amazon. In fact, once I went almost 2 months without uploading new designs.
- I’m at the 500-Tier Level with 10 uploads per day.
- I mainly create my own designs now. However, I have purchased designs from VA Rentals, Merch Ready Designs, MerchReady and I had a designer from Freeeup make a few.
- I use Photoshop, Make Merch and GetStencil to create designs.
- I use Merch Informer to research new design ideas.
As a disclaimer, ten of those sales were purchased by me for gifts and personal use!
Higher Sales in June, July and August
Sales went up during the summer. But here’s what’s interesting – the designs that I made are selling better than the purchased designs!
This is somewhat amazing considering that one year ago, I had zero Photoshop design skills.
Here’s the report for the past 90 days:
- BLUE – My Designs: 52 sales, 5 cancellations
- GREEN – Purchased Designs: 11 sales
Does Having a Facebook Page Help?
Some of you know that I created a Facebook page in a specific niche. But here’s another interesting note – 60% of my recent sales are from that same niche!
I applied portions of Rachel Miller’s Page Strategies course to this niche Facebook page. Though I do not implement everything that she teaches, I do share one image or video every morning and reply to all comments.
Move Away from Amazon FBA?
My Merch by Amazon sales are nothing to brag about and I take full responsibility for that. How can a business grow and thrive if it gets ignored for weeks at a time?
I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about that lately and have a few questions –
- What would happen if I took a few weeks off from Amazon FBA and focused on Merch by Amazon instead?
- Do I want to gradually move away from an inventory-based business (Amazon FBA) and focus more time on non-inventory based businesses such as Merch, CreateSpace and this blog?
My primary focus for the rest of the year is Amazon FBA since Q4 is coming up. But after that, we’ll see….
Hope to hear from you in the comments or on Facebook!
Be sure to visit the Merch Resources page for more Merch by Amazon blog post links, services and tools!